Every person has different standards and different pet peeves. Voilà my top deal-breakers when it comes to a romantic partner.
- He is arrogant. This leads to selfishness & self righteousness as well.
- He is too dependent. It is so important in a healthy relationship to lead fulfilling lives separately. Someone who demands too much of your time will just take away from personal growth instead of adding to it.
- He is disrespectful. This includes disrespect towards everything and everyone, but especially towards family, privacy, and personal interests.
- He is a pessimist. I am an idealist. I can’t stand people who see the worst in everything and act like they’re victims of circumstance. It kills happiness.
- He has no ambition and no drive for knowledge. I definitely need someone who can hold insightful conversations. And I couldn’t see any future with a person uninterested in personal growth.
- He acts like a different person in public. It seems fake and dishonest.
- He is entirely close-minded. A good partner should be someone who is willing to take advice, adapt to chance, and be open to different ideas and opinions.