There is never a perfect time to enter a relationship. When my chance came knocking, I thought it was an awful time to add another commitment to my busy schedule. But I couldn’t be happier that I took the chance. Even if you’ve been hurt before, or are hesitant that it could work given timing or lifestyles, take the chance. You never know what you might find. Regardless of “success”, you will have gained experience and knowledge.
- You have to try more than one partner to find the best fit. It’s okay if it doesn’t work out. Play the field; you’ll learn about the type of person you want to be with.
- You learn a lot about yourself when in a relationship as well, and that’s always important to recognize. It helps you grow better when you are aware of your likes, dislikes, values, pet peeves, priorities, etc.
- You gain a lot of experience in a romantic relationship about how to compromise and love better. This is important to maintaining other relationships in your life. Practice makes perfect.
- Feeling is good. Being in love is good on so many levels, in many ways. It’s natural and it’s healthy, so why deny that simple pleasure? It makes life easier and richer.
- You may realize you’ve stumbled upon something great. People are full of surprises.